• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

go into militry in order to get into security

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowdy Yates
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: go into militry in order to get into security Reply with quote

hi, what does this great community here think about the idea of going into the military in order to break into info. sec.?

i have been trying pretty hard to get out of sys. admin. and into info. sec. - but haven't have much luck on account of my lack of info. sec. specific experience and probably an over flooded market place for IT guys looking to get into info. sec.

I have been entertaining the idea of joining the military in order to get sec. experience and a security clearance. what does everyone think about it?

i was in the military once before, many years ago as a young man. i didn't do too well bacj then. at the time i had a problem with authority, and the army is no place for people with that kind of problem. Wink but i think i might fare better this time - i am a little wiser and more patient.
Rowdy Yates
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link. i will look into it - but i would have to pursure working as civilian in the canadian military i think.
alt.don
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in the Canadian Infantry, and from there in Communications Research. The latter got me my CAT III S/A clearance. It may be your quickest route to getting what you want. The surest trades to get you into IT is one of the tech trades like ATIS Tech.
Rowdy Yates
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alt.don - thats exactly the type of info i was looking for. i googled "ATIS Tech" and found some useful info on some army forums. will look into it. sounds like they have a crypto unit...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: