• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Any known exploits on how to gain admin. privlages in...

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whilow
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Any known exploits on how to gain admin. privlages in... Reply with quote

WinNT or Windows 2000? i am new to the scene, but wanna learn more... so i figure ill start with my schools network. so can anyone help me? like i said, im new... thx
ShaolinTiger
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good way to get thrown out of school Twisted Evil , I suggest if you want to build up your security skills you do such things on your own systems Smile
flw
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to learn in school and not chance getting kicked out, try seeing if you can help as a project to increase the security of the network.

If/when they ask what do you mean secure the network? Do some research and give them some examples of security issues they really have. Your going to research the solutions and implementations as part of your project so you need not have that ready. It does get your foot in the door and keeps you in school.
ThePsyko
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem is how to find any security holes if he can't really probe around for them... A couple you can look for without the teacher getting any wiser is to "accidently" turn off the system.. when it boots, look to see if it's looking for a floppy to boot from... when you have 10 seconds or so, drop to a DOS prompt and type
Quote:
net use \\<server ip address>\IPC$ "" /user:""

if it attaches, you've got a big hole right there.. also open up word and go to File / Open and then see where you can browse too.. another thing is to see if you can write to the netlogon directory on the server (believe it or not I've actually found that on more than one occasion)... you could try to install something but that might set off some flags in the logs and isn't a quick check so I would save that one for last Smile
max_blakk
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust windows hakzor god ThePsyko to answer that... Very Happy

PS
Your Proxy check page is really handy.....!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: