• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Outlook Express problem....

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
copedawg
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Outlook Express problem.... Reply with quote

I am having a problem with my email.Often it won't "connect" unless I reboot.Most of the time I receive messages ok but when I try to send them it won't "connect" and gives me the "timed out "message.It will also say the "program" isn't responding.I know this is a broad question but anybody got any suggestions?How do I know if my Outlook has a virus?Maybe that is the problem?Thanks for any help.
ryansutton
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it ever worked or is this your initial setup? Often times a firewall and/or anti-virus will cause this type of a problem. I would recomend disabling your security software and attempting to send an e-mail. If it works then some tweaking is going to be needed for your security. If that does not work then please provide some more info about your computer(which OS is it running, any SP's?) and how it connects to the internet(i.e. through a router & a cable modem), thanks.

-Ryan
J.C
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve actually had this problem myself. The root of the problem was Norton Anti
Virus. To overcome it, disable incoming and outgoing e-mail scanning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: