• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

I want to log data prooving the site contains malware..how??

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stealthsnake01
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: I want to log data prooving the site contains malware..how?? Reply with quote

I read an article of a guy who did that for fun and I thought it would be a great idea. I run windows xp, cable t3 internet connection. I have avg anti virus, spybot, ad aware se, McCafe anti virus, and a few other applications that I would use to scan my computer and clean it. I am currently running a firewall program that came with my motherboard in a package deal. It works well, lets me block all the connections etc etc.

Basically what I want to do is find infected sites, get the data proving that they are infected, and email the webmaster / host company with proof that the site is contacing spyware, malware, trojan / virus etc. What program would I need in order to collect and create that type of data to save and email it out??

I am good with computers, working on my computer science degree (school starts next month) Any input on how spyware works in terms of my firewall service creating a log showing it wants to get in. It might not even work that way, what needs to be done so I can log it?
tshinder
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stealth,

What firewall are you using? Some firewalls (such as the ISA Firewall) have log files on them that contain this information. Some other firewalls and Web content filtering solutions do this too.

HTH,
Tom

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: