• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Is someone making changes to the layout?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Comments // Problems etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoboGeek
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same ol' 40 second loads.. other than that its back to normal - except for the font in the reply box. I like that and wish it was everywhere..
Tom Bair
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robogeek ... I had the exact same view as you posted in my Firefox. I cleared my cookies and cache and the real view was allowed through... which is much better. Try it and see if it works for you.

We should also be updating the WindowSecurity.com template later today. The site will no longer be working on tables but through CSS so site performance should improve slightly.

Please keep us informed as to any problems you are experiencing, letting us know which browser and at what resolution you are seeing it on. A screenshot would be very helpful as well.

Thanks,

Tom
RoboGeek
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks normal.. but its still slow - although its much faster than it used to be. Its constantly trying to load the adserver info - and it loads the frames, the banners, the top part of the forum then goes off on a hunt for the ads. Meanwhile the forums load about 3 sections every 10 seconds until the ads are done loading.

Is there any way to make the ads load AFTER the forum completely loads?

This happens on all 5 machines here - windows and linux.. all on cable. It also happens on my neighbors with DSL. I've got a dial up machine in the shop.. I might try that one too and see how Egix's speed is
jamestmfbong
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

I'm using a 1280x1024 screen resolution and the new layout is not coming out pretty.
the forum space should definately be center aligned. Because it still won't affect the 1024x800 usersI feel trapped. and I keep swaying to the left b/c the thing is aligned to the left.
the new layout doesn't seem too non-1024x800 friendly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cep
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The layout was screwed up for me too as mentioned in that screenie, I just cleared my cache, refreshed and now the site is back to normal Very Happy Yay!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Comments // Problems etc. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: