• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Need help in creating a Main Page on Data Server.

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
namer
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Need help in creating a Main Page on Data Server. Reply with quote

on my office, we have a data server... in that situation i want to create a main page.... when the user connected to the server they always see the main page automatically... how to create that... i hope u will understand what i mean...
Groovicus
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see if I can help clarify your issue. You want it so that when users connect to the server, you want them to see some sort of a page, just like a regular web page?

That sort of depends what resources that you have available, and what sort of Operating System you are running. You need some sort of application to serve up the web page. Apache is a free server that serves up web pages, and runs on Linux or Windows based systems. Then of course you need some sort of page for the server to serve up. There are freeware programs that can help you make those.

Then the other consideration is security. A static page on an unsecured server is an invitation for defacement.

Are there any special functions that the page has to do? In general, it will probably need to be just some simple html.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: