• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

HJT forum not part of new posts?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Comments // Problems etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moondoggie
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: HJT forum not part of new posts? Reply with quote

i always start with "posts since last visit" and i've noticed that the posts in the HJT forum don't show up there. is this by design?
AdamV
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainly been like that for all the time I can remember, and it does make some sense in that there can be loads of threads in there live at any one time, and to be honest it is rare for someone who is not already a member of the SMART team to be able to add much very constructive once it gets to the nitty gritty.
Tom Bair
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HighjackThis Forum has been excluded from the New Posts listing a few weeks after it was created due to an overabundance of member complaints. Seems the traffic was so heavy, it was very difficult to notice the non-HJT traffic.

The forum is pretty much a one-on-one message base, so it's better for a member to mark a thread in there to notify you via email of any new posts. Works well for everyone involved that way.

Tom
moondoggie
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that makes sense actually. i never even knew it was there until today when i was scrolling through and noticed the forum was red but i had no listing for new posts...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Comments // Problems etc. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: