• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

safeguard easy problem!

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Security Related Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tian
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: safeguard easy problem! Reply with quote

Hi
i installed safeguard easy a time ago, and protected all my hard drives, and installed pre boot protection... but now when i booted my computer it just says, SGE:401 invalid kernel
System halted. i have no idea how to fix this.. anyone? please.. i really don't want to re formate all my hard drives..
i used AES 256, but i only have 166

thanks for help, Tian
RoboGeek
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume it wont go into safe mode either?
alanmccormack
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: SGE401: Invalid Kernel Reply with quote

Hi
I get exactly the same error. I work for a company running a couple of hundred IBM ThinkPad laptops with XP and SafeGuard Easy 3.20.

Everything works perfectly well for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden for no reason at all, a few of these laptops boot up straight into this error:

SGE401: Invalid Kernel
System Halted

There is nothing more you can do, you are stuck on this screen. You can't troubleshoot or start in command prompt or get at any of your data. You are stuck, you have to start all over again with a new image or a complete re-install.

I have no idea about this, has anyone seen this before? I would be very grateful for any pointers that anyone might have.

Cheers

Alan
FalkW01
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey
I was replacing a 4 GB HDD (IBM) by a 20GB IBM HDD in a Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT.

After built-in I got this weired error message. Even the BIOS is disabled.
Booting doesnt work.

SGE 401: Invalid Kernel
System halted

The 4 GB HDD works fine. Without HDD it is still working. With the new HDD my System is halted.
THX for helping

http://www.security-forums.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_sad.gif
hugh359
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess that's the reason why you do kernel backups do you?

have you tried booting with floppy or cd-rom and then using the kernel restore routine?
J i m s t e r
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: SGE401 SGM401 Invalid Kernel Fix SafeGuard Reply with quote

Hi,

Old thread but I am replying with a definitive fix (XP Pro on IBM Laptop). You will need a floppy drive or USB floppy to boot from and a 3.5" disk.

1) google aefdisk and put this on the (bootable) floppy. Don't make me come over there and tell you how to make a bootable floppy.

2) Boot from the floppy.

3) Run "aefdisk 0 /mbr" from the A:> prompt.

4) Shout "Hail Jimster!" and wish me a lottery win.

Be good.
philbot
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Hail Jimster! Reply with quote

The above method worked, although I tweaked it just a little and used a bootable USB key I had rather than a floppy.

I still got a message from Safeguard Easy stating that it was missing the encryption subsystem, but it loaded XP without issue.
SeventhSamurai
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Hail Jimster Reply with quote

Hail Jimster! Worked!
jhonas
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to start your system with floppy or cd-rom. If the system again shows error invalid kernel then after the only one option is reamaining that is reinstall new operating system on your computer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Security Related Software All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: