• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

USB Infected

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
csadmin
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: USB Infected Reply with quote

Whenever i right click on my external USB Hard disk, it gives me strange characters like chinese. A few days ago a virus attacked my USB and attached itself to it. My antivirus removed that virus but still it is showing an autorun file attached to it. I can open my usb from windows explorer but i open My Computer and Double click it, it will give me an error that i program attached to it could not be found.

Is there a way i can make it normal without formatting it?

Thanks!
larsmhansen
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete the autorun file, and whichever program is attempting to start when you double-click on the drive will stop running. You may want to review the autorun.ini file just to see what it says...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: