• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Software for Remote Backup Management

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pacmantravis
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Software for Remote Backup Management Reply with quote

I'm looking for a software that enables remote management (WAN) of multiple backup clients located throughout the city.

Here's the situation. I have around 50 clients or so that I want to offer managed backups for.

Each location has anywhere from 3-30 PC's running Windows XP and at each location I plan on installing either a NAS device or an external hard drive to a PC.

Does anyone here know of any software that would allow me to bring up a "console" on my end that monitors and/or manages the backups of the remote locations? Logging into each machine remotely would be too time consuming.

I want to stay away from VPN's as most of the clients are running XP with consumer grade routers.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
moondoggie
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

backup exec 11d has a remote admin console, but you'd have to have a clear path through the internet to that remote machine that it's installed on. i've never tried installing it that way so i don't even know if it would work.
pacmantravis
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spoken with Symantec and they are looking it seems that Backup Exec System Recovery MIGHT work.

Not too sure yet.

Has anyone heard of any other programs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Software All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: