• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Bad Wins.exe Trojan, I'm helpless -_-" please help me!

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EpsilonX5
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Bad Wins.exe Trojan, I'm helpless -_-" please help me! Reply with quote

Hello I'm having a serious problem with this program/trojan called "wins.exe"

There was a previous thread by 'kolobok' at this location: http://www.security-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=18308

I know it's a very ol thread, but it seems he got his problem solved with HiJackThis.

I've tried downloading and running HJT even before I came to this forum, but the HiJackThis.exe program is automatically deleted anytime I try to run it.

Other antivirus and anti-mal/spyware programs all get deleted when I try to install them. Such as Spyhunter.exe gets deleted when I try to run the setup.
I was trying Trend Micro Housecall Online virus scanner
yesterday I believe, and it was just stuck and not going anywhere.

I have ProcessGuard installed, so I can see what is going on a bit.

Anytime I run mostly any program, wins.exe runs first, as if each program is dependant on wins.exe to execute it. If I block wins.exe with ProcessGuard, all of the other programs are blocked also, and I get the "handle is invalid" error.

The wins.exe is not visible in the windows/system32 folder where it is run from. In ProcessGuard I can target it, but it does not have an icon.

I can't access my internet properly, Intenet Explorer is the only thing that works online right now. eg.Mozilla Firefox, Yahoo & Msn messnger can't connect.

Just up to yesterday even IE wasn't working, and everything was really slow, but somehow I managed to get around that part, trying some stuff, not sure why it works now.

Also, if I press, Ctrl+Alt+Del I get some error, Taskmanager has been disabled by the Administrator. Same for regedit as well. "Regestry editing has been disabled by your Administrator"

I have used this command however "gpupdate /force" to get taskman working again.

Can anyone please help?
It's really hard to do anything much, when the trojan keeps deleting all my anti-malware programs Sad
EpsilonX5
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey over 2 weeks have passed and I still haven't gotten any answer yet Sad

I bought a new hard drive though, but I still have the problem on my infected one.
miss_tokyo
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: erm. Reply with quote

sorry to hear about that.

this link may help you..
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/wins.exe-3317.html

If that doesn't work..erm. I think you're gonna have to reformat.

Next time, download & install anti-malware programs as soon as possible.

^_~

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: