• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

phpwebsite

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Programming and More

View previous topic :: View next topic  
delete852
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: phpwebsite Reply with quote

Hi, my friend asked me to make a nice site for him, so i chose phpwebsite since it is nice and easy to set up, but when i put it up on the server i ran into some problems, when I try to modify the main page it doesn't do it for some reason and the default login information stays there i changed the login, but the main box wouldn't change for some reason. I have no idea why, has this happened to any of you guys?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThePsyko
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never even heard of phpwebsite but how does it store the login info? How does it try to modify it?
Posideon
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it appears that our friend delete852 is referring to this,

http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/

nice concept, might have to have a dabble to see if its all good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
delete852
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea sorry for not mentioning it, in the post. It is really good, i like using it, it gives u high php ability and it is easy to use and modify pages, plus its dynamic content, check it out. www.coolfreepages.com gives u free php hosting, if any of you can get php website working, and can modify the main page please tell me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alittlebitnumb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried a lot of CMS's, and this is one I have not seen. I think I am gonna try it as well. I wanna get one where there is total freedom with layouts. I had problems with the *nukes because you are mostly stuck with the three column look where you know it's a *Nuke site from three miles away.

The best one for freedom of layout (so far) is mambo open source http://www.mamboserver.com/ but there is few add-on's for it right now.

Thanks for the links...
Guardian
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the PHP version that the host has against the PHP veson the script is written with.
Is PHP installed as script or module?
Is Global Off or ON?
What is the server software? If Apache, then is it 2.x or the old 1.3.x?

I don't know how familiar you are with PHP but there has been changes in PHP and server software which can create compatibility issues. Scripts written with PHP < v.4 would not run smoothly if the latest security measuers are taken by the host. Some env. have changed since v.4 to improve the security.

I find it better and safer to write my own. Wink
Anyway, I can never fully trust a code written by others.

BTW,you can also try PHPnuke.

Smile
Rory
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys there are better hosts than coolfreepages. The one i am at is http://realwebmasters.org and they offer 500mb space 999mb bandwith, cgi,cpanel,mysql (Up to 50 databases), ftp (up to 100). Its a nice host. Smile
Posideon
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rory wrote:
Hey guys there are better hosts than coolfreepages. The one i am at is http://realwebmasters.org and they offer 500mb space 999mb bandwith, cgi,cpanel,mysql (Up to 50 databases), ftp (up to 100). Its a nice host. Smile

Without me going through registration is this free just out of interest?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rory
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its free you have to sign up for some lotto thing but that can be avoided easily, but i would advise you to sign up for it using your spam email or whatever because this is how they make their money.
Rory
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRR that site was a fake Sad They just made people sign up to some lotto thing to get money then they closed it. There cons, i have heard they have done this before. I know the admins email, and i got a pretty good idea where he lives but i doubt i can do much. Mad
dissolutions
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever heard the saying too good to be true? Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Programming and More All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: