• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

sound problem

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaosPriest
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: sound problem Reply with quote

i uninstalled my sound driver and rebooted. when windows started up my computer automatically installed the driver online. it told me to reboot so i did. when windows was back up, my sound was gone. i have the speaker icon with the little red x next to it. when i right click it and click open volume mixer i get the no audio device is installed message. i have search online and mnost of them say disable and enable the driver, or reintall. i did all that. i even installed the original driver from the motherboard disk. its an onboard realtek sound device.

also another thing i noticed, when i right click the speaker icon and go to playback devices i am not able to enable and disable on that window or configure. i can only enable/disable from device manager.
and when i put the mouse over the speaker icon it says my volume is 0 (which cannot be changed of course) and it says speakers realtek AC'97 Audio.

this is becoming increasingly annoying since nothing has been able to fix this yet. and i cannot use a lot of programs i normally use since i get a sound error when i try to start them.

also i notice something interesting. my computer doesnt seem to recognize the jacks on the back of the computer. and its doesnt say realtek AC'97 high definition audio, it just says realtek AC'97 audio

any help is appreciated. thank you.
ChaosPriest
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bought a sound card and its still not working.. i need some help.
another thing i notice now is when i go to playback devices and click on recording devices, it freezes up and give me a shell common dll error. i dont know if this helps, but im about to throw this computer out my window.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: