• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Anti-Virus - Is it really worth it?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malwaresupport
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Yes indeed they should use it. Reply with quote

Antivirus should be anessential componant to windows machine. It will not make your computer involnerable to viruses but it will help prevens and remove them. People should use all-in-one protection software so that all of the compnants colaborate with eachother and it is easyer to manage. Running protection software can increase your security by 17-92 percent. So yes, people should not only use antivirus protection but it would be better off with an all-in-one solution.
tikifragalong
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Cyberdefender. I downloaded the free scanner from their website and it works great for me. I am not very technically advanced, so I feel like I definitely need a anti virus software. In fact, I ended up upgrading to the full version of Cyberdefender partially because of the round the clock technical assistance. They have really helped me out of a couple jams. So, for me, Cyberdefender is definitely worth it.
ryansutton
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes indeed they should use it. Reply with quote

malwaresupport wrote:
Running protection software can increase your security by 17-92 percent.

That's an interesting statement. Can you elaborate on how you came upon these statistics? What context did you run your tests in?
Tib
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disclaimer: Don't get riled up over these next few lines, I am in no way pushing religion.

I was reminded while reading through all of this of a religion class I took years ago. I was taught that believing in any religion is better than believing in no religion at all, for the possiblity of infinite gain. What exactly do you lose by not believing something? Isn't it better to get there and be rewarded, instead of punished?

That being said, what's lost by not having some form of AV?

Maybe it's just me being a noob. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: