• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Malware Samples

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaosu
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Malware Samples Reply with quote

Dear Community,

I am currently conducting research regarding anti-virus products, and their underlying techniques used to identify, prevent and remove various types of malicious software. In order for me to conduct a thorough test, I simply need more samples of all malicious software.

If you would like to help me with this project, please send me private messages to links of your own malicious software samples. I really want any and all samples that you have to offer for testing purposes. The samples will not be shared with any commercial entity, nor will they be used in a malicious manner. I run a private lab, and will be the only person with full access to the full range of malicious software used for conducting each test.

All samples should be archived in any popular format, and the archive should be locked with a password. The password used will be samples. Once you have uploaded this archive to a host, please send me a PM with the appropriate link to download said archive. If you want to email me the samples directly then send me a private message for the information to do that. Also, please include any relevant information regarding your samples.

Do not post links to any samples within this thread! They should be shared PRIVATELY through private messages, because we do not want to allow most end-users to download live threats.

Please be aware that these samples will be reverse engineered, and the internal workings of interesting malware will be published online unless you explicitly tell me to not publish information regarding your samples. All private collections sent to me will remain private - you just need to tell me in advance.

Other tests will be designed to view the impact of various anti-malware technologies and what type of impact each technology has over others in regard to effectiveness.

Any and all tests will be performed in a private lab that will be isolated from the Internet, but will have limited network access. Basically the rules of the network are stated as: No clients may send an outgoing connection to any other computer outside of the green interface (LAN), and the red interface (Internet) is set to drop all outbound/inbound connections. Other measures are set in place to prevent any malware from escaping the lab, and infecting innocent users.

I will repeat how to complete the process of properly submitting samples to me for good measure.

How to submit sample(s):

All samples should be archived in any popular format, and the archive should be locked with a password. The password used will be samples. Once you have uploaded this archive to host, please send me a PM with the appropriate link to download said archive. If you want to email me the samples directly then send me a private message for the information to do that. Also, please include any relevant information regarding your samples.

Do not post links to any samples within this thread! They should be shared PRIVATELY through private messages, because we do not want to allow most end-users to download live threats.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: