• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Idea for an "Open Source" natured IT reference!

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Chat

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like this idea?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

jamesabels
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Idea for an "Open Source" natured IT reference! Reply with quote

I'm currently in school for my Comp TIA A+ and had what seems to be a very cool idea! I was learning about taking the time to log an issue as you solve them to help track down recurring issues.

I had an idea to start a public project where when everyone that chooses to be involved can hop on to either a public spread sheet or a wiki (Online readability is key) where everyone can log issues as they tackle them.

Overtime this would create a huge online resource for technicians and sys admins to refer to before inspecting an issue to see if they could track a fix early on.

The data recorded would be something like

Manufacture
Model
OS
Short description of the issue
The fix or work around
and maybe a little about the process used to fix the issue

The idea can only grow from there, with the kindle attempting to rule the book space we could even release a new ebook per 6 months or year of all the recorded issues on machines that are commonly still in use.

There would also be a lot of data that could be pulled from it as well, much like google's hard drive study, ect ect ect..

Just and Idea but I think it could save everyone in the field come crucial time and money! plus we can pull some interesting data from the project.

Let me know if you like the idea or if this is already being done.

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: