• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Printer Toner Problem - HP 1200 Laser Jet

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
david09
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Printer Toner Problem - HP 1200 Laser Jet Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

From last few days I faced problem with printing. I have HP LaserJet 1200 Series printer, When I give print command, left side content will be print in black dots. I mean it print but not properly. As per my friend opinion it's just because of toner drum problem and I have to change it and buy new toner.

I want to know about toner drum? what it means? Is it repairable? Why this kind of problem has raise in printers?

Please suggest me, Can I go to buy new toner? If yes please suggest me any good online Printing supply source.
AdamV
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the dots raised in any way, can you feel them when you run your fingers across them? if so, it may be that the fuser unit is dying and needs replacement.
Is it just fading out? Have you tried gently shaking the toner unit to redistribute the toner inside and re-inserting it and trying to print again?
If it is just the drum, that should be an integral part of a new toner unit and easily replaced all at once.
david09
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamV wrote:
are the dots raised in any way, can you feel them when you run your fingers across them? if so, it may be that the fuser unit is dying and needs replacement.
Is it just fading out? Have you tried gently shaking the toner unit to redistribute the toner inside and re-inserting it and trying to print again?
If it is just the drum, that should be an integral part of a new toner unit and easily replaced all at once.

Hello Adam,

After your reply I gently shaking the toner and re-inserting it and trying to print again, but it give same result. One more thing, When I run my fingers across them I don't feel it.

Adam Please help me, If you know any online printer ink cartridges, laser toner cartridges, paper, and other printer parts supplier with quality assurance which is best in your knowledge then please suggest me.

Thanks for your help in advance...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: