• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

I think this forum is useles

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Chat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raednashat
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: I think this forum is useles Reply with quote

If you need no answers to your questions , then post them on this forum!
Fire Ant
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like someone isn't feeling the love. Come on guys show raednashat the love. Wink
graycat
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*big hugs for raednashat*
Burster
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum so sweet...
Rolling Eyes
ayana
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hugs*
Tom Bair
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: I think this forum is useles Reply with quote

raednashat wrote:
If you need no answers to your questions , then post them on this forum!

There are a number of reasons why a post for help would go unanswered. Most common is the text - folks just can't understand what the poster is asking.

Next would be that the problem posted is unique enough that no members have experience with it. The staff frowns on replies such as "I don't know how to help you, but good luck".

Then there's the help topic that has been answered completely so many times before that a simple search would give you the answers you need. Of course, a new-comer would not know of this. Several years ago, we tried addressing this issue by developing a FAQ ... but it was ignored. The problem persisted. So now the issue is down to occasionally having a member post a reminder to "do a search".

Other than that, we all can feel your frustration, and we are a friendly enough community to respond to you with big hugs Smile
raednashat
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi every body,

Actually I didn’t mean to sound negative just to attract attention but "frustration" is the word

When I compare this forum to a forum like experts-exchange, the later is almost real time and sometimes we get answers in less than an hour!

Usually I try Google first then some specialized forums like this one. If that does not work then I clearly add a new post with as much description as possible

That is it

Regards
Fire Ant
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason Experts Exchange is near real time is because of the ranking system and the number of "Expert Points" you get when answering a question. IMO you get sooo much chaff on EE, I mean who answers a question with 15 responses? To me thats information overload!

Here we like to give people info straight of the bat, no mucking around. We also like to help people help themselves, you don't see that on EE.

Don't get me wrong, EE i a good site and has its place, but so do we. You have accept that sometimes people don't know the answer or can't or won't share the answer. If you were originally complaining about your post about a firewall security policy I think you were asking too much of the forum.

Matt_s
andyparker01
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is good forum site i dont agree wid the thread creator.
ironside74
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now I'm wondering whether to stay... However it appears the majority of the 33 posts raednashat has made have been answered so I will for now, just PLEASE answer me when I ask Very Happy

Maybe someone should go through all of raednashat posts and answer them, then he/she'll feel silly!!!

I would but unfortunately I don't have all the answers in fact not even half, actually I don't know anything and that's why I'm here... Learning is great.
SimO
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for this being my first day on the forum, threads like these do not really help anyone. Hopefully you will stick around and maybe I can one day assist you with your questions. I like the vibe from this forum and will do my best to assist. Anything in particular you were looking to get assistance with? If I do not know the answer, I will gladly research it for you.

-Johnny
nikonjems
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

though i am new in this forum, i dont agree that this forum is useless cuz i had seen lotz of queries resolved by moderator.
its a good forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: