• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Lag in videos - possible hardwar issue

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scheric1
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Lag in videos - possible hardwar issue Reply with quote

Hi. I just got a computer to use as a media server for our house. The computer is hooked up to our tv via HDMI. At first I was using a HDMI cable directly plugged into an HDMI port built into the MoBo. However I've been having a problem when watching movies I have backed up to the HDD as well as regular AVI video files. When they play, every once and a while, the video will lag, as if the video is trying to catch up. This also happens in both media center and windows media player. It isn't very bad but enough to bother me. What's even worse is that if i stream the videos over my network to my laptop I get no lag at all!

At first I thought it might be the on board graphics couldn't keep up so I purchased an nVidia 9400 GT, but no help. My next guess is the processor might not be powerful enough but before I go out buying more parts I wanted to know what other people think.

Also maybe what you are using hardware wise for your own media servers.

My setup is an Acer with 4GB of Ram, 500GB HDD, nVidia 9400GT (gave no better performance than the onboard video) and an intel dual core E2200 @2.20ghz
fuji0000
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At aboriginal I anticipation it ability be the on lath cartoon couldn't accumulate up so I purchased an nVidia 9400 GT, but no help. My next assumption is the processor ability not be able abundant but afore I go out affairs added locations I capital to apperceive what added humans think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: