• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Long delays on SecurID authentication to Windows?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Security Related Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papageno
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Long delays on SecurID authentication to Windows? Reply with quote

Hi all

I'm setting up RSA SecurID authentication to a Windows terminal server. It seems to be working OK, but there are long delays on logging in. There seem to be two stages: about 30 seconds delay between submitting the one-time passcode and being prompted for the Windows password, then a further 2 minutes for accepting the Windows password.

I've checked the comms and there are no problems: all network requests to the ACE server are responded to immediately.

The event log on the terminal server is recording "Offline Authentication: Access Denied" error messages on every login, followed by a warning message "Data download error encountered for user: xxxxx". This suggest, according to the documentation, that the location specified for the offline authentication day files is not writable. However, I have disabled offline authentication for this host in the RSA ACE backend config.

Versions and environment:
RSA ACE server 6.1.1
Windows terminal server: Win 2003 R2 SP3 32-bit, RSA client version 6.1.2 (fully patched), local authentication client only, standalone server (no AD/Domain)

Any clues, anyone?
Moo
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Long delays on SecurID authentication to Windows? Reply with quote

Did you manage to find out anything about this? I am having the same problem and have even had to remove RSA of some users computers as it can take up to an hour and a half for some people's computers to log on the network. Needless to say this makes having RSA pointless for our company if half of us have it disabled!

Mod note: removed unnecessary quote~groovicus

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Security Related Software All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: