• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Windows 7 Administrator Privileges

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suspicious
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Windows 7 Administrator Privileges Reply with quote

I searched the site pertaining to a question that I have but did not come up with any hits regarding what I am specifically inquiring about.

I have 2 user accounts on my computer. Both have administrator privileges. I am wonder if I can modify the other user's privileges without their knowledge? In other words, I would like to be able to set some restrictions without having to set up a standard account and then seting restrictions within it's properties. For instance, I would like to be able to monitor the websites they are visiting, without their knowledge of me doing so.

Is there such a thing? Embarassed
JamesMorgan
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have their password, you can log in and install a "spyware" to keep logs of their internet activities, and then go back in later to read off the reports. However I do not condone this.

It's impossible to read another admins user information discreetly, because when you try to copy or view the other users internet cache, you have to take ownership of the files, which means the other user will not longer be able to use it, and will have to restore ownership to themselves manually.
suspicious
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I figured it wouldn't be an easy thing to do. ANNOYED!?!

Thank you for your reply. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: