Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:54 am Post subject: Build Check - Quiet Tower
I'm trying to build a quiet tower, largely for image editing, some audio production, running occasional VM's with VirtualBox, and listening to music. Also, I should probably mention it's going to run Arch Linux. Here's the parts list:
- Cooler Master Sileo case
- Lynnfield i5-750 CPU
- GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P motherboard
- CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX PSU
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) RAM
- OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD for the OS (already purchased)
- Reusing my current 500GB WD Caviar Blue hard drive
- Reusing an old fanless GeForce 7300GT card (I'm clearly not a gamer Smile )
- Reusing my current DVD-R drive (not quite, but I rarely use it)
I'm getting this mobo, because I want firewire
for an audio interface I use occasionally, and I want to play with dual NICs. I also want to have USB 3.0 as an option, in case audio interfaces start using that in the next couple of years.
I also considered the i7-860, but it looks like the i5-750 is much better value.
I'm planning on using the included CPU cooler, if it's too noisy, I'll replace it.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum