Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:17 pm Post subject: questions about antispyware apps
I have some questions about antispyware apps:
1. I know you're not supposed to run 2 antivirus apps at once, but that you CAN run 2 scanner-only antispyware apps at once. But should you not run 2 real-time-protection antispyware apps at once?
2. Other than the fact that spyware "spies", just what is the difference between a virus and a spyware app? In other words, why can you run one antivirus app at the same time as a real-time-protection antispyware app?
3. Do all antispyware that offer real-time protection constantly run in the background to prevent the installation of malware, whenever an attempt is made to open a file or launch an application? Do they all also offer manual and/or scheduled system scans?
4. Does Comodo AntiVirus + Firewall include antispyware functionality?
5. Does Spyware Terminator include antivirus functionality?
Joined: 28 Jun 2010 Posts: 0 Location: Chennai,India
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:00 pm Post subject:
1. You definitely should not have more than 1 antivirus/antispyware programs with real time protection on... You can have many on-demand scanners but more than one applications watching the file system all the time can create conflict with each other and slow down your system very much..
2. Actually all the major antivirus programs are also antispyware programs.. In fact the word 'virus' is usually used to mean all malicious software including spyware, adware etc.. But the correct definition of a virus is that it infects other files in the file system.. These days you don't really get much of these viruses that infects other files, but you get a lot of malware that create copies of themselves, spread across networks, download other malware etc..
3. All the major antivirus applications always run in the background and are also do scheduled scans... In fact, an antivirus software is no good if it doesn't run in the background constantly...
For questions 4 and 5, I am not really sure, but you may get information on them from their websites...
Yes Some anti virus and anti spyware programs provides real time protection. But both are available for different purpose. Virus is a piece of code that is loaded onto your computer without your knowledge. Viruses, may harm a computer system's data or performance and spyware is a program that performs certain behaviors such as collecting personal information, or changing the configuration of your computer. But i found one antispyware site which provides real time protection software to secure your pc. So download antispyware software to protect your pc from these spywares, trojans and adwares.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum