• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Helping My Computer and Me

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Comments // Problems etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tallulah
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Helping My Computer and Me Reply with quote

Just wanted to post a comment in regards to this site. I want to thank all the people who devote their time to help others resolve their computer problems.
I'm disabled and due to the nature of my disability, I'm unable to leave my home. My computer is my only connection to the outside world so it plays a vital roll in my life. Being on a fixed income, getting my computer fixed is a luxury I can ill afford. So you can imagine how greatful I am to find such a forum to help me resolve my computer problems.
All that said, again I want to give my most sincere thank you for all who help people with their computer problems. For someone in my situtation, your doing more then just helping me with my computer issues.

Best Regards
Tallulah
MarkR
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEy dude it's great to than kthe community for teir help. Us technical guys are somtimes taken advantage of by the general public.

I'm glad you've got the help you needed for your PC.
Nonapeptide
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice words Tallulah! The thought occurred to me that you must have amassed quite a nice amount of knowledge as you've kept your computer running for so long. For some extra money, have you considered working from your computer in some way?

You could get involved with CrossLoop.com and offer your help. Do you have any level of proficiency with Excel, Outlook or another Office program? Even simple malware removal or general Windows fix-it skills could earn you some extra cash. If you have a second language, you're market value on Crossloop could take a jump up. Mayhaps you have some hidden Cisco networking skills (you're a closet CCIE... I know it! Laughing ). Crossloop is easy to get involved with and there are no obligations (to the best of my knowledge anyway). They make their money by taking a percentage of the fees that you charge people.

You could also get involved in writing reviews of software or even hardware. Just ask any web site that is known for reviewing things (CNet is the first that comes to mind, but there are many, many more) and see how to become a writer for them. It's surprisingly simple. I do something like that myself for some spare shekels here and there (okay, $100 an article at a fairly well traveled web site. Not bad.). You can start small and get bigger as you get to know people and build a reputation.

Just a thought. Have a nice day!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
l.chaos45
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: helping Reply with quote

hiii

You could also get involved in writing reviews of software or even hardware. Just ask any web site that is known for reviewing things (CNet is the first that comes to mind, but there are many, many more) and see how to become a writer for them. It's surprisingly simple. I do something like that myself for some spare shekels here and there (okay, $100 an article at a fairly well traveled web site. Not bad.). You can start small and get bigger as you get to know people and build a reputation.

"For connecting to remote desktop of another computer (via internet or network) and controls. Also connecting to VNCServer through Repeater or directly to VNCServer and a lot of other configuration options.
For more details [url=http://www.abtollc.com/VNCViewer.aspx /]VNCServer [/url]"
Madgeki
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Hi guys Reply with quote

yeah it really means a lot when these people you don't know are trying to help you out. and some advises are brilliant and really worked. thanks!!!
georgec
SF Staff
SF Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be, Norton is just reporting normal harmless cookies....are they always the same cookies? Also, you can remove cookies from your web browser! What web browser do you use?
Tom Bair
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too obvious of a first step in troubleshooting this, but I'd confirm that the motherboard chipset does indeed totally support your CPU. If confirmed that it does, then next check your memory. A bad stick will make it appear as if you have a dead CPU.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Comments // Problems etc. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: