• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Halifax Bank Account Access Virus Warning!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hagler007
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Halifax Bank Account Access Virus Warning!! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone.

Internet Security warning!!!

Please forward this email to all your friends and family to help protect them against fraudulent activities by computer hackers.
The more people you are able to send this email to the more people will warned of the potential risks and hazards with internet banking and will be able to protect themselves.

As a Halifax customer and frequent online user my account was recently accessed by a remote hacker and very large sums of money were transferred to another account setup by the hacker.

The virus and security software installed on my PC was Microsoft Security Essentials. This is a free anti virus software from Microsoft which can be downloaded on their web site. This software failed to protect my computer by allowing a RAT... remote access Trojan virus to corrupt my PC and allow a remote hacker to access my Halifax Online Banking account.

One of the viruses used by the hacker to access my account was win32/ramnit.html.

Hence my advice to everyone who has any internet banking or access to sensitive or personal details over the internet would be to ensure you have up to date ani virus software installed such as Norton 360.

Microsoft Security Essential failed to protect my PC and their customer support teams were not interested and very poor in helping to identify the route of the problem.

Conclusion........ Use a reliable anti virus software such as Norton, update the software frequently and report any suspicious activity on your PC!!

Immediately inform your bank of any unauthorized transactions!!

Regards
Victim of Fraud

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: