• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

How do I find someone's address from their bank details?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Physical Security and Social Engineering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikesmith1007
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: How do I find someone's address from their bank details? Reply with quote

Like an idiot I sent someone I met over a forum quite a lot of money for a job lot of iPhones. I deposited the cash in to their bank account, a Halifax account. As you can imagine I am not very happy at the moment. I do not want to go to the police as they are a waste of space. I would like to pay this person a visit and get the money back of them myself. I have their name, their bank details (account no and sort code), their email address, and their mobile phone number. How would I go about finding their home address? Is it possible? Does anyone work in a Halifax bank and maybe I can slip them some money to get that info for me? If not, was worth a try.
Fire Ant
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

I hate to break the bad news to you but not only have you just lost your money but you are asking if anyone is willing commit a criminal offense on your behalf. Its is both illegal for a bank worker to acquire that information for you and for you to ask them to do so.

Your options are:

1 - Go to the police
2 - Speak to your bank and see if they can withhold or stop the payment due to fraud
3 - Use some open source tools like 192.com or something similar to find the person

Fire Ant
wikecamera
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, In my opinion, Going the police is your best choice, Despite their slow speed handling, but they know more than you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Physical Security and Social Engineering All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: