• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

IACRB Certified Penetration Tester (CPT) Exam - Feedback?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bm5034
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: IACRB Certified Penetration Tester (CPT) Exam - Feedback? Reply with quote

Greetings all:

I am in the process of taking the practical portion of the IACRB CPT exam. The exam must be completed and submitted for grading within a 60-day time limit. I'm on the final step of the exam, which requires cracking of the root password on a Linux host. For me, this step seems to be taking quite a long time (15+ days now). While I realize that real-world password cracking can take days, months, or even years (depending on complexity), I'm curious to see if others have had the same experience. Also, what are your general feelings on the CPT and the amount of weight it carries in the pen-testing field? My goal is to break into this field starting next year, and I'm looking for suggestions on a sound approach.

Thanks in advance!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: