• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Windows 7 - Aero Peek?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarMol
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 - Aero Peek? Reply with quote

I'm sorry if I've posted to the wrong place, but I looked and this is all I saw on Windows.

On the Taskbar, at the bottom – where you can turn Aero Peek on or off – where it says “Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop” – it’s grayed out and will not let me check it? The reason I looked for this is because every time I click to open one of my jpg pics ….when it pops up, a message also pops up saying it’s changing the basic color scheme and that “The following program has performed an action that requires Windows to temporarily change the color scheme to Windows 7 Basic:

Program: PictureViewer Application
Publisher: Apple Computer, Inc.

Then it says “Windows will automatically change the color scheme back to Windows Aero when this program or other programs performing similar actions are no longer running.

So, it’s saying that Aero is on my computer…why then when I went to the Taskbar it shows “Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop” grayed out meaning it’s not active if the above message is stating that it is on? Thanks to anyone who can understand what I’m trying to say here.
JamesMorgan
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds to me like PictureViewer isn't really compativle with windows 7 and designed for an earlier OS, you should update the software or ditch it to a different picture viewer like ACDsee or windows default picture viewer.
CarMol
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your reply. I did do a troubleshooting test on the PictureViewer and yep, said that it was incompatible. So strange to me that MS would have something on here that is not compatible with the OS? Makes no sense...they had to have known that this program would not work? Anyway, I did change the default program to MS Picture Manager and so far *fingers crossed* it is working fine. Again, thank you for your help, these forum sites really are a life saver...lord knows there is no way to get in touch with MS unless you personally know Mr. Gates *lol* Happy new year to you! Carol Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: