• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Is UniBlue SpeedUpMyPC good?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n2kfactor
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Is UniBlue SpeedUpMyPC good? Reply with quote

Hi,

I already have AVG Internet Security 2011, CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-malware on my PC. I was wondering if I should use UniBlue SpeedUpMyPC for better performance of PC/Internet?

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, do you guys use download and video accelerators? I have Speedbit Download Accelerator Plus and Speedbit Video Accelerator. Are there better ones out there? Are these good?
SifuMike
Deceased
Deceased

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not waste your money on it.
It includes several tools winodws already has.
It has a "reg. cleaning" tool, but cleaning the registry does nothing for speed.

http://www.itreviews.co.uk/software/s537.htm
Quote:
Whether you'll notice a significant difference in the performance of your own PC is questionable, though
SifuMike
Deceased
Deceased

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this: Should I use a Registry Cleaner:
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099

Mark Russinovich wrote:
Quote:
No, even if the registry was massively bloated there would be little impact on the performance of anything other than exhaustive searches (ed. of the registry itself).

On Win2K Terminal Server systems, however, there is a limit on the total amount of Registry data that can be loaded and so large profile hives can limit the number of users that can be logged on simultaneously.

I haven't and never will implement a Registry cleaner since it's of little practical use on anything other than Win2K terminal servers and developing one that's both safe and effective requires a huge amount of application-specific knowledge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Software All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: