• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Caching AD Security Groups for Offline Permissions

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostyDog
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Caching AD Security Groups for Offline Permissions Reply with quote

Hey,

I have an application that uses AD security groups to apply permissions for access to device classes on end user machines as part of a endpoint security suite.

The permissions for users are based on active directory security groups.

I am getting instances that the policy in the software is not being applied correctly when end users who are mobile logon to their notebooks. This is resulting in WIFI being disabled and access to device classes being declined by the client software as a default behaviour.

Is this because the machine when in an offline state does not cache AD Security Group information? For end users who are mobile will I need to define device class permissions explicitly for the user rather than a security group that the user is a member of?

Domain is a single domain Win 2K3 Native with XP Pro SP3 clients.

Cheers for any input.

Sean

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: