• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

ide drive caddy

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cardiniaconsulting
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: ide drive caddy Reply with quote

I have a 3.5" ide hard disk swapable drive caddy, only problem is that no hard disks are recognised by any PC I put it in, I have tried several PCs & hard disks. Does this caddy need any special drivers to load first?
Regards.
Tom Bair
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the slide out drive trays? I used to use those a few years ago and never needed any drivers. You may want to closely inspect your ribbon cable between the drive and tray, that sounds like the most likely reason for it not working.
cardiniaconsulting
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: IDE drive caddy Reply with quote

You are not going to believe this, a friend suggested a good look at the caddy, & screwed to the base was a flat key. So put the key in, lock the drive and all works. Now I feel foolish, just goes to show a good look first can solve many problems, not a word was mentioned in the instructions.
Thanks again.
Tom Bair
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH! Boy do I remember those keys... I had 4 caddys and 4 seperate keys to 'em. Took me longer to find the right key than it did to swap caddies.

Glad it was something so simple. It happens to all of us once or twice in our lives... like forgetting to remove the plastic strip over the batteries and wondering why the device doesn't work? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: